Nuvera had the opportunity to sponsor and attend CBI’s 7th Hub and SPP Model Optimization Conference held in San Diego September 29-30, 2016. The general focus of the conference was to discuss key strategies for designing and optimizing Hub programs to deliver patient support services that maximize product access and therapy compliance. There was definitely a common theme across the presenters: understanding the desired patient/treatment experience – and identifying the right set of support services to enable that experience – are paramount to successful execution by the Hub. As well, successful execution follows a carefully crafted vision and strategy for patient support services. Several quick highlights we thought worth sharing:
HUB Execution is Just One of the Program Success Factors: When it comes to successful execution of patient and provider support services, the Hub may be the engine that drives program operations, but there is no one aspect that determines overall success. Multiple factors working together deliver the ideal experience and Hub execution is just one of them. And, it may not be the most important…
Ultimately, success of the Patient/HCP Support Program is determined by the following factors:
- Design – How do you validate that you have the right services to meet customers’ needs?
- Operations – How do you ensure you have the best systems, processes, and partners to execute?
- Pull Through – How are field resources coordinated to set expectations and deliver support?
- Feedback – What mechanisms derive continuous insights for improvement and satisfaction?
Key Takeaway: Manufacturers would benefit from having holistic diagnostics that evaluate support program performance against KPIs beyond just Hub execution – and consider the factors above.
Solid Understanding of the Desired Treatment Experience is a Prerequisite for Evolution to eHubs: The market is beginning to offer many robust e-solutions to optimize Hub performance. However, as one of the speakers noted, the “e” in eHubs doesn’t stand for easy. Diagnosing the root cause of underperformance, setting the vision for the desired patient/HCP experience, and identifying the right services to remove barriers along the patient journey are still paramount to choosing the right solution.
Key Takeaway: Sample factors that should be taken into account while defining the vision and requirements for eSolutions:
- Challenges created/not addressed by products attributes and disease state
- Complexity of, and number of different support elements needed to ensure successful treatment outcomes (eg, Dx, monitoring, dosage, administration, etc.)
- Patient population, behavioral segmentation, and resulting needs
- Existing competitive patient/HCP support efforts
- Anticipated patient volume and duration of therapy
- Internal and external partner capabilities to deliver the support experience
Download a pdf version of our Hub Optimization Infographic here.
We’ll be presenting at the upcoming CBI 8th HUB and SPP Model Optimization Conference in Philadelphia February 22-23, 2017. Come out and join us!
Nuvera dedicates itself to helping specialty pharmaceutical, biotech and rare disease companies to design and deliver a seamless patient and HCP experience for specialty therapies. Over the last 8 years, Nuvera has helped over 15 pharmaceutical companies to create and implement leading Patient-Centric solutions across 24 specialty therapeutic areas that received over 10 U.S. and Global excellence awards.
Nuvera services include the following:
• Uncover and crystalize patient and healthcare provider (HCP) needs
• Design impactful patient/HCP support experiences
• Build patient support programs and capabilities
• Optimize program performance
To learn more, please visit www.nuveracg.com