Bambi Uganda Orphans
Nuvera is proud to partner with Bambi Uganda Orphans to improve the living conditions of Uganda’s vulnerable children and the adults who care for them. Bambi’s goal is to strengthen communities and grassroots charities so that caregivers can raise strong, healthy children. We help them accomplish this by providing financial, technical and educational assistance to the communities and to local organizations which coordinate care services.
Bambi Uganda Orphans supports projects with local charities to:
- Provide financial and management support to organizations caring for children
- Reduce child mortality by implementing health initiatives, such as the provision of basic health care, immunizations and training of community health workers
- Reduce poverty by promoting activities that help older orphans and care givers become financially self-sufficient
- Provide safe, accessible, reliable community water supplies
- Reduce hunger by training orphans and their communities to improve food security and develop ways to grow and eat better food
- Support initiatives that protect children’s rights and the interests of girls
- Promote education
- Protect the environment
Bambi Uganda Orphans, a 501 (c) (3) charity, is registered with the Internal Revenue Service.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
In celebrating one employee’s 10+ year victory over leukemia, Nuvera continues its support of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through donations to local chapters as well as by helping to raise funds for patient services and lifesaving research.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is dedicated to improving patient quality of life. The organization funds groundbreaking research that has contributed to major advances in the treatment of blood cancers, including Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. New targeted treatments in chemotherapy and stem cell transplants eliminate cancer cells without harming normal tissue.
In fact, in 2009 alone, LLS researchers conducted more than 90 clinical trials, a critical step in the advancement of new treatments and cures helping patients to live better, longer lives.